I am starting a new segment called: Ten Dollar Tuesdays! or TDT for short. This is where I bring you a quick and easy DIY every Tuesday that is under $10!
Now for today's TDT I decided to do Gold Sharpie Cups. So let's get started!
What You Need:
• Cup of your choice
• Gold Sharpies
optional: Rubbing Alcohol
I bought my cups at Target for $3.99, you can find these cups at the dollar store but Target was right there and it was convenient (laziness at it's finest) and I bought a pack of 2 sharpies for $2.99, that brings this DIY to a total of $6.98. Making this DIY under the $10 mark.
1. Start by cleaning the surface of your cup. I prefer to use rubbing alcohol to get any oils off the cup. Wipe dry with a paper towel and your surface is ready to be drawn on.
A quick tip: Don't touch the area with your hands as the oils on your skin will affect the setting of the design.
2. Take your sharpie and begin to draw your desired design. I recommend to sticking to something that doesn't require a large surface area, as it's not the easiest thing to do and your design will look cleaner.
3. Once you have your desired design, put your cup into a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
4. This step is optional but I found it helped my design a lot. Let your cups cool and go over the design once more. This filled in any weird spots and made the design look neater. Put back into the oven for another 20 minutes.
5. Remove and let cool completely.
If you would like to view the video click here:
Thank you for joining me on our first TDT! I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you in the next one!