Hey Everyone! I decided I would do a quick DIY on how to repurpose something to make it your own style. It is super easy and you don't have to spend a lot of money in order to upscale something.
You Will Need:
• A jewellery box (you can purchase one at any second hand store, look for one with a good structure)
• Paint in the colour of your choice
• Spray paint (for hardware and glass)
1. I had my jewellery box since I was quite young. It was in fairly rough shape and the flower stain glass element just wasn't doing it for me anymore. I wanted to keep it but wanted to make it a little more mature and classic. If you need to purchase one, any thrift shop will have them for as little as $5. Look for one that is actual wood, this will last you for a long time and is a better investment.
2. Start by taking apart your jewellery box, place any loose screws and hinges in a safe place. You don't want to loose any element.
3. Take your hardware to a well ventilated area to spray paint. Do thin and multiple coats. for my stain glass top, I reversed it and painted the back gold, so it was completely flat.
4. Take your sandpaper and sand the wood part of your jewellery box. This will get any coating and built up residue off the wood and prep it for painting.
5. Paint your wood the desired colour. Again do thin and multiple coats, this will give you the best finish. Once you have your desired coverage, let the pieces dry overnight.
6. The next day put all your pieces back together and you're finished!
I really want to encourage everyone to go out and see potential in the old and make it new. It can save you a ton of money and knowing you revamped something is extremely rewarding.
If you'd like to watch the video click here:
Thank you all for reading and watching, I will see you in the next one!