Hey Everyone! Since Father's Day is just around the corner I decided I would do a really awesome DIY that you can do at any age. The nice thing about this DIY is you can either use a piece of your own old artwork, as I did, or if you're doing this with your child they can draw something special for dad right then and there! So let's get started.
You Will Need:
• Clay (I got mine at Michaels for $1.50)
• Spray Paint (Pick any colour but I got a short cuts can from Michaels for $2)
• Knife (I just used an exacto)
• Pin or Nail to make a hole in your clay
• Keyring (I picked up a pack for $1.50 from Michaels)
• A Piece of artwork to use as a template
What To Do:
2. Trace your artwork. I did this because I didn't want to ruin my original. If you don't care you can skip this step.
3. Place a sheet down on your surface. Clay can often stain surfaces so this is a good step to ensure that doesn't happen.
4. Work the clay in your hands. Using a rolling pin, or wine bottle as I did, flatten the clay. You can do this with your hands as well, but a pin saves time.
5. Once your clay is flattened, lay your artwork over the clay. Take your pencil and begin to poke small holes tracing your art. Try to stay away from doing anything too thin. This can cause the clay to be very fragile.
6. Take your exacto or knife of choice and cut out your template. I also took my knife to smooth out the edges but this step isn't necessary.
7. Take your pin or needle and poke a hole through your clay. Make sure this goes all the way through as this is where your keyring will attach.
8. Take your creations and put them on a cookie sheet in a 275 degree oven for 15 minutes.
9. Once they are cooled, take them to a well ventilated area and spray paint. Do thin and multiple coats. Let dry for one hour.
10. Attach your keyring. This is a little tricky, but you'll get it I promise.
I hope you and your dad or husband likes this DIY. If you would like to watch the video click here:
I will be doing one more thing for fathers day so be on the lookout for that!
I hope you have a fantastic day and I will see you soon!