I feel so incredibly honored and ex-tactic to be nominated for a Liebster award! I began blogging when I was beginning to have a really rough time in my life, and it was my saving grace - blogging was something that I loved doing and it was my happy place when every where else seemed very dark.
For those who don't know the Liebster award is an award that is passed around the blogging community to those who have less than 300 followers(I changed my amount so I could nominate haha). This is a way for us bloggers to connect with one another in one of the best communities I have ever been apart of. So a huge thank you goes out to Sabrina from Morning Dear for the nomination. Seriously her blog is amazing! So please go and take a look.
The Liebster Award rules:
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 250 followers.
- Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.
1. Erin and Dan from DIY Passion
2. Hope from A Spoonful of Hope
3. Ellen from Shop Style Conquer
4. Misty from us and him
5. Kathryn from Cheerfully Cheap
6. Charli from Charli Marie
7. Julie from Ellivenstudio
8. Emmy from Perks of Being a Brunette
9. Katie Lynn from House-Wivery
10. Lynne from Design the Life You Want To Live
11. Suzanne from Mommy Fix
Questions for New Nominees! To those I’ve nominated, here’s the 11 questions you must answer in your nomnation blog post. I’d love to read them, so please tag me when you post!
1. Who is someone that you find to be inspirational?
2. What is your one regret in life?
3. If you could make a new holiday, what would you call it? When would it be? and what would it celebrate?
4. What made you start blogging?
5. What is your one major obsession?
6. How long have you been blogging?
7. If you could trade places with anyone (any time frame) who would it be?
8. What is your favourite type of music? Share a few of your favourite songs.
9. What job did you want as a young child?
10. Do you have a secret talent? If so what is it?
11. What is a piece of advice you would give bloggers who are just starting out?
11 Random Facts About Me
• I am a Graphic Designer by trade.
• When I was little I wanted to be a mermaid. (still do)
• I am 5'7 tall
• I did Ballet for 13 years of my life
• I would love to be able to live in London England, but would miss my family too much.
• I have a cat named Oliver, that I named after the Disney movie Oliver and Company.
• I am currently going back to school in September for PR (Public Relations)
• My dream job would be to become a blogger and Youtuber for a career.
• I am a natural blonde with dark eyebrows (yes people it happens haha)
• My birthday is May 29
• I am obsessed with; Doctor Who, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Vampire Diaries and True Blood.
The Questions asked to me with answers of course:
1. What’s one piece of advice you’d like to give your younger self?
That would be to cherish your days as a kid and never give up on your dreams no matter how scary they may be. I never realized how a crazy dream could come true if you just believed in it.
2. Who do you look up to most?
My Dad. He is truly an inspiration to me and I love him to pieces.
3. What would be your dream dinner-party guest list.
Goodness this is tough. I am going to choose people whether dead or alive. I would have to have Audrey Hepburn and Marilyn Monroe because the glamour they would bring would be enchanting. Truman Capote because he is one of my favourite authors. Frank Sinatra because he could sing to us in that sultry voice. Sigmund Freud because I think his interpretations of the night would be entertaining and lastly Chris Evans because he's my celebrity crush and this is my dream dinner party.
4. What’s the story behind your blog’s name?
There isn't anything too special here unfortunately. I was brainstorming with a friend and I knew I wanted to do a DIY blog, so eventually it led to theDIYdiary. I liked the term diary because it alowed me to record my thoughts or musings along with the DIYs.
5. What are your favourite blogs?
I really enjoy Essiebutton, Morning Dear, Whimseybox Blog, Zoella, DIYPassion, A beautiful mess and Boat People Vintage.
6. Describe your dream house.
I really like the idea of an older house, almost an old town house meets victorian style, with a very modern/contemporary interior. I haven't ever given it much thought but once I find that one fixer uper I will definitely know.
7. Where were you born and where did you grow up?
I was born and raised in Guelph, Ontario, Canada. Nothing to exciting there.
8. What’s your morning routine?
I wish I had something spectacular but working monday to friday retail makes my mornings a bit boring. Usually I will wake up, pull my hair up into a bun, wash my face with my Paula's Choice routine, brush my teeth and put on makeup. After that I just pack my lunch and eat breakfast. On the weekends I do a full workout routine in the morning followed by a nice shower.
9. What’s your idea of the perfect weekend?
Relaxing, if I can have a pool in this perfect weekend it would be that. I unfortunately don't have a pool but I love to swim, so if I could have a weekend swimming I am one happy camper.
10. What makes your laugh more than anything?
My family. We all have the same sense of humor so we all really know how to get each other laughing.
11. What’s your guilty pleasure?
Vampire Diaries. No judgement people, it's seriously addicting.
Thank you all for reading and don't forget to link me so I can see all your blog posts :)