Hello Everyone! Can you believe it's the end of 2014 already!? The year just flew by. Now that being said I am sure a few of you are planning on throwing a party for your friends and family so I am here to give you a few little DIY's and tips that you can use that will make your night heading into the new year a spectacular one.
Let's begin with the food. I decided I would dabble in baking Macarons. I will tell you they aren't easy so if you are an occasional baker you may want to steer clear of this one. I will link the blog that I used for the recipe and instructions. This blogger really outlined it well but there are a few things I would like to add for a first timer.
1 - Invest in a silocone sheet if you don't have one. Even with parchement paper on a cookie sheet your Macarons will stick and will crack.
2 - If you have a fan oven cook for only 7 minutes. I cooked mine for 8 and they were a little dark. Good thing is it matched the colour I wanted.
To make your own Macarons visit ISaveA2Z 's post here: http://www.isavea2z.com/easy-macaron-recipe/
Now the cupcakes are thanks to Target Canada - seriously they look amazing and they taste even better! So the next time you're in Target snatch these up!
I find that for a new year it is always best to keep everyone inspired so why not adorn your table with a quote. Plus it looks amazing with all your decor. Pinterest has a wonderful collection of quotes and printables that you can get - however if you'd like to use the one I created you can find it here:
For The Drink Stirrers:
You Will Need
• Wooden Beads
• Wooden Dowel
• E-6000 Glue
• Mod Podge
1. Begin by gluing your dowel and wooden bead together with E-6000 glue. Let this sit for about 2 hours.
2. Once dried cover the bead in mod podge.
3. Pour your glitter into a cup and take your bead and roll it in the glitter. Allow this to dry for 24 hours.
Once finished I placed mine in a gold spray painted mason jar. I am on a gold kick right now so I will definitely be using this mason jar again - a pencil holder maybe?
For Your Champagne Flutes:
You Will Need:
• Champagne Flutes (I bought mine from the dollar store)
• Mod Podge
1. Begin by brushing your mod podge onto the base of the flute. Make sure you brush up the stem slightly to create a dipped effect.
2. Taking glitter in a cup - dip your cup in and give the cup a good shake.
3. Simply let dry overnight.
This little feature seriously makes your dollar store glasses look so much more upscaled.
For Your Backdrop:
You Will Need:
• Glitter scrapbook paper
• Circle Punch (I got mine at Michaels for $8)
1. Begin by cutting out circles using your circle punch. You can use scissors if you like but the punch just makes life so much easier.
2. Once cut measure out the length of string you want and begin to tape your circles to your string. Once taped adhere to your wall or ceiling and enjoy your festive backdrop!
All of these DIYs are so simple and easy and when you're planning a party you don't want to spend hours and hours trying to make it perfect. Especially around this time of the year. If you make any of these please send me your photos because I would love to see them!
Have a Happy New Year and thank you for reading and watching!